Monday, February 14, 2011

Thirty is not so bad.... :)

So today is the day where I reach yet another milestone in my life.  I have officially cleared the mark of three decades!! Yeah! It was a glorious day.  I received many Happy Birthdays, lots of hugs, and several sweet messages.  Birthdays bring strangers out of hiding and show that your good friends really are the best.  But, most importantly they allow you to see that no matter what, your mom will not break tradition.  I have always loved angel food cakes.  You know the one with the angel food center in a bunt cake shape with the whipped strawberry topping??? It is to die for.  And when I got home from work today, my Mom and Dad appeared with the cake.  My friends gave me a cake when we were dining at Bravo the other night.  It too was strawberry.  So if I look a little round over the next few weeks you know where it came from... TWO strawberry cakes!! I must also mention that my dad bought me a new leaf blower for the big b'day.  I know that you are probably thinking, what??? But, those who know me well know that I love trees but cannot stand leaves.  I drive my neighbors crazy with the constant blowing and mowing but I love to have a well kept yard!  I like people to know that I keep my space well maintained.  So, each day when I get home I blow the leaves off my carport and driveway. But no more extension cord for me!! Stevo has upgraded me to the gas one with lots of power!!! Really stoked about this gift. 

Enough about that... what in the world will I do know that I am thirty.  Well, I will be the same person I always have been.  Fun at heart, serious when necessary, crazy about my kids and passionate about life.  I will however, resolve to continue to make some necessary changes for my health and my happiness.  I will not shed tears for those who are undeserving.  I will let go of some of the anger and resentment I feel towards my ex-husband.  I will wake each day and be thankful for the miracles I have been given instead of the tragedy I have faced.  I will know that the disappointments or difficulties I have faced have help shape and mold me into the person that I am today.  I will not be afraid of what "may" happen.  I will love my children, I will teach my students and most importantly I will wake up each day and just keep breathing. I made twenty wishes for New Years, & I still intend to keep every one of them.  Oh, and we cannot forget that I will become more diligent with my wrinkle cream... can't just let myself go!!

So I am ending with words from Maria Shriver.  I just finished one of her books and I enjoy her writing immensely.  She is honest, smart and has a great sense of humor.  These are her words on "trying to be Superwoman":

"Perfectionism doesn't make you feel perfect, it makes you feel inadequate.  You are not worthless because you can't do it all.  You are human.  You can't escape that reality, and you cant expect to.  Self-acceptance is the goal.  If Shakespeare were a Superwoman, she might have said, "To be or not to be -- take time and wisdom."

Make a Wish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment