Sunday, July 10, 2011

A true example of strength...

Tonight I watched the amazing story of an incredible person; Jaycee Dugard.  I was overcome with several emotions through this two hour story.  Emotions of heart break, sadness and sheer anger all flooded me as I listened to not only her journey, but her mothers. I am instantly inspired when I hear of people who have overcome terrible situations in their life and surprisingly walk away with an optimistic and joyous outlook.

Jaycee's story offer good life lessons.  Take time to enjoy the simple things.  Hate serves no meaningful purpose.  Life each day to the fullest.  Never give up.  Never stop loving those who deserve it.  Take time to kiss your kids, no matter how busy you are or if you will be five minutes late to work.  These are just a few of the phrases I jotted down as I watched.  I cannot wait to read her book and learn more about her strength and determination.

I hope that all of you will take the time to reflect on your life and just how lucky we all are.  No matter the situation we face, it could always be worse.  Illness, divorce, death, financial issues, unemployment, etc... all cause us to question not only our faith but our attitude.  We must always remember that every day in life has a purpose.  Even if it seems to be the worst day you've faced most likely there is a lesson to be learned or a unexpected miracle waiting on the other side.  Take time to enjoy your family, love your kids and appreciate the wonderful things in life.  With a little but of patience and a lot of hard work we all can take time to "Live each day to the fullest, whatever that day may bring." (J. Dugard)


Click purchase to buy her book from Amazon.com                                  Purchase  

No comments:

Post a Comment