Monday, March 14, 2011

The Twinkies... ARE 6!

Well, it is so hard to believe that my babies have turned 6 years old.  On March 11, 2005 I welcomed in to the world the most wonderful and challenging additions to my life.  Although they were VERY small, their impact was very big.  I thought I knew what love was before I had children.  Now however, I am truly able to embrace what unconditional love means.  Luke and Kennedy are so funny.  They do some of the silliest things.  Some people would never guess that they are twins because they are so different.  However, their personalities compliment each of them so well.  It is nice that they each get to be one of a kind! :)

This year was their first "big" birthday party.  They celebrated with school friends at the ATA Karate Club that they are members of.  The party was a huge success and fun was had by all.  It was so nice to see the kids and some of their friends outside of the school building and their uniforms having fun.  It was a pretty good size crowd too... 19 kids!!  The kids were so spoiled, their master teachers played games, told stories, gave a lesson and they had pizza and cake! Who could ask for more?

So this year we are officially big kids.  Not that it means they will be responsible for their own needs, never sleep in my bed or solve their own problems... but hey, this is a milestone in my opinion.  Most importantly, I have to keep reminding myself to not sweat the small stuff and to relax and enjoy parenthood.  As fast as these 6 years have flown by, they will be in college before I know it.  I always pride myself in trying to do the best for my kids; their birthday is just another chance to renew that commitment!! I love you two... always!

The Party Crew.. well most of them at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment